I'm sure you will agree that we have come a long way since 1917.
By creating this timeline we have tried to capture the complete journey so far, focusing on the more significant moments within our 100 year history.
Andrew Page opened a motor accessories business in Leeds.
Mr J.R Page formed Andrew Page and Son Ltd. in 1942. Shortly after, the business had to close due to the implications of World War 2. However, in 1949 a joint partnership between Mr J. R Page and a Mr K Purcheon was established and together they re-opened the business under the name of Andrew Page & Co Limited.
Due to growing success the company opened it's second branch in Wakefield to service the South Yorkshire area.
A third branch opened in Harrogate to service the North Yorkshire area.
Funds were raised between Mr J.R Page and his son Andrew to purchase Mr
Purcheon's share of the business. The company name was changed to Andrew
Page Ltd as the ownership of the business was taken by the Page family.
The eighties saw further expansion within the West Yorkshire region starting with Bradford.
The York depot followed quickly after Bradford becoming branch number five.
The company open its sixth branch in Bury, Lancashire. Following on from York and Bradford.
The start of the nineties continued with a branch opening in Lancashire, this time in Stockport.
In 1992 the Newcastle depot opened (pictured). In that year Andrew page also opened a depot in Thirsk.
In 1995 the Morley depot opened (pictured). In that year Andrew page also opened a depot in Beverley.
Andrew Page Ltd celebrates its fiftieth anniversary and fifteenth branch, Keighley.
In 1998 the Hull depot opened (pictured). In that year Andrew page also opened depots in Darlington, Castleford and Selby.
The AP-Tech division was created in 2000, dedicated to fulfilling customer's tools, workshop equipment and training requirements. AP-Tech now employs six sales advisors, four full time technical representatives and two service engineers, responsible for equipment demonstrations, warranty and customer support.
In 2000 the Middlesbrough depot opened
(pictured). In that year Andrew page also opened depots in Halifax,
Malton, Preston and Warrington.
With a staggering thirty branches, Andrew Page continues to grow with
the help of 350 delivery vans enabling 165,000 deliveries a month.
In 2002 the Sunderland depot opened (pictured). In that year Andrew page also opened depots in Durham, Sheffield and Doncaster.2
Continuing to develop the existing Training 4 Turnover programme,
Andrew Page launched AutoEducation. The training programme covered
industry related courses held by in-house training instructors, now in
it?s sixth year AutoEducation is still going strong with even more
courses to choose from.
In 2003 the Manchester depot opened (pictured). In that year Andrew page also opened depots in Wigan and Bolton.
In 2006 the Grimsby depot opened (pictured). In that year Andrew page also opened depots in Oldham and Newburn.
Reaching forty one branches Andrew Page was fast becoming one the UK's largest motor factors.
In 2008 the Boston depot opened (pictured). In that year Andrew page also opened depots in Lincoln and Heeley (South Sheffield).
Expanding further into the Midlands area, Andrew Page opened sites in Nottingham, Derby and Peterborough.
Andrew Page joined partnership with Phoenix Equity Partners and continued to open five branches throughout the Midlands and East Anglia.
Steadily moving towards a sixty branch network, Andrew Page have continued to open seven sites this year within the Midlands and East Anglia regions.
2012 was a busy year, with the opening of a further five branches including our 66th branch in Chelmsford. Our expansion programme continued South with the acquisition of Camberley Auto Factors, bringing the total number of company branches in the UK to 93. Plus, the new 100,000 sq.ft distribution centre opened at Markham Vale in Derbyshire.
Andrew Page continued with its progressive branch growth and re-location policy by relocating the CAF Bristol branch. The new branch offers customers much greater product choice, with twice as much shelf space than the previous premises.
The Portsmouth depot is relocated to a larger, more accessible location and becomes the first CAF branch to change its name to Andrew Page. The business acquired 21 sites from the former Unipart Automotive business and carries out a company wide rebrand to become Andrew Page - The Autoparts People.
With plans for further growth throughout 2015, Andrew Page expanded its Markham Vale distribution centre, with the installation of a mezzanine level. This increased floor space by nearly 40%, equating to approximately two miles of additional shelf space. New branches opened in Cardiff & Woodford Green.
In March, Andrew Page acquires Solid Auto (UK), a leading distributor of Japanese and Korean car parts. Later in the year Andrew Page is acquired by LKQ Corporation.
Andrew Page celebrates 100 Years in the Motor Industry.